A full-grown areca palm houseplant is the best choice for indoors. They add 6 to 10 inches of growth per year until they reach a mature height of 6 or 7 feet. Areca palm is one of the few palms that can tolerate trimming without serious harm, making it possible to keep mature plants indoors for their full lifespan of up to 10 years. According to NASA and Dr. B. C. Wolverton, the areca palm filters xylene and toluene from the air.
Water them often enough to keep the soil lightly moist in spring and summer, and allow the soil to dry slightly between waterings in fall and winter.
- Family: Araceae
- Whether Indoor/outdoor/seasonal/Perennial:
- How it will come(whether in pot or poly pack): 6 inches pot
- Colour of flowers: Yellow
- Bloom Time: Summers
- Pot Height: 6 inches pot
- Growing Challenge: Easy to grow
- Sunlight requirement: No Direct Sun light
- Soil condition: Loamy, sandy Soil. Moist but well drained
- Watering requirement: Moderate
- Temperature: Up to 30 Degree C
- Care: Would need Repotting after 2-3 years. Be careful of the depth while re-potting, should be repotted at the same depth.
|Use Palm fertilizers for better foilage and growth|
|Soil changing is the main reason for repotting. Roots are brittle so be careful while changing the pot.|